Monday, October 19, 2015


Theatre Anthropology

Sorry for being unable to post anything for the past few days! I have been busy with a lot of chores. I hope everyone is doing well. My recent reading is based on Theatre and Dance Anthropology. The book is written by Eugenio Barba, a renowned italian author who prospered in the field of Theatre Anthropology. It is called "A Dictionary of Theatre Anthropology: The Secret Art of The Performer". The book explores the different dance forms in both the Western and Eastern region. He achieves to find similarities between between them and talks about the Eurasian Theatre: improvisation through modernisation. I loved the book and I think each and every one of you should have a look the book. If you do not want to submerge yourself into anthropological readings, you should at least go through the beautiful pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment